Voting Guide PDF – for easy printing
San Leandro Talk Take-to-the-Polls Voting Guide
SAN LEANDRO CITY COUNCIL
1st choice: Dan Dillman – his vision for San Leandro includes creating a dining/theater district
2nd choice: Morgan Mack-Rose – unlike Ursula Reed, she is competent and does her homework
1st choice: Chris Crow – he understands the city & has actual plans on how to solve problems
2nd choice: Darlene Daevu – the two other candidates are an embarrassment to San Leandro
ASSEMBLY DISTRICT 18
– Abel Guillen – he’s a truly progressive, grassroots candidates and not in the pocket of the police union
AC TRANSIT AT LARGE DIRECTOR
– Chris Peeples – he’s done a credible job, and his opponent hasn’t brought any proposals to the table
BART DIRECTOR DISTRICT 3
– Rebecca Saltzman – an environmentalist and public transportation advocate, has my full confidence
EDEN TOWNSHIP HEALTH CARE DISTRICT DIRECTORS (vote for 2)
– Vin Sawhney -outspoken proponent in favor of saving San Leandro Hospital
– Ronald Hull – seems better suited than Coleman
STATE BALLOT MEASURES
– 30: YES It it doesn’t pass, schools will have to cram kids into classrooms and cut the school year
– 31: NO There is no compelling reason to approve it, much less as a Constitutional amendment
– 32: NO Stopping unions from making political contributions will weaken the Democratic Party
– 33: NO Whenever the insurance industry backs a measure, you know it’s not good for consumers
– 34: NO The death penalty should be abolished, but this bill also takes away due process rights.
– 35: NO Will criminalize victims of sexual trafficking and issue can be addressed by the Legislature
– 36: NO I’m against 3-strikes, but this bill eliminates judicial flexibility, will result in longer sentences
– 37: YES we should know as much as possible about what we are eating.
– 38: NO It’s much more regressive than Prop 30 and puts a burden on the very poor.
– 39: YES Makes multi-state corporations pay taxes for income earned in California.
– 40: YES It approves the senate districts drawn by the independent citizens commission.
– A1: NO The campaign has been deceptive and not candid about Zoo expansion into Knowland park
– B1: YES A good transportation system is key to a successful regional economy.
– I: YES Chabot & Las Positas Jr. Colleges now have 15,000 students in their waiting lists!
– L: YES It’s a bandaid solution, but it will help us keep arts, music & sports for a while.