Noel Gallo is the incumbent City Council Member for District 5.
- Candidate Statement
- News Articles
- Other Information
- Notable Endorsements
- Campaign Website
Noel Gallo has not returned the questionnaire I sent him. He has made himself available for a phone calls and I’ll update this page with notes from such conversation.
Noel Gallo is a lifelong resident of Oakland; he grew up in the Fruitvale/San Antonio District neighborhoods. He attended local schools and graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, with a Business Degree. Noel was elected to the Oakland Board of Education in 1992 and has worked tirelessly to improve and increase educational opportunities for our youth, by working with public and private sector organizations, serving as the President of the Oakland Board of Education and leading 6 successful voter initiatives and funding campaigns, which generated over a $1 billion dollars for Oakland Public Schools.
Noel currently serves as the Oakland City Council Member representing District 5 which covers a large portion of the Eastbay Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Corridor. He serves as Co-Chair of the Oakland City Council Education Partnership Committee, and a member of the Life Enrichment, Public Works, and Public Safety City Council Committees. He represents the City of Oakland as a member of the AC Transit BRT Policy Steering Committee
From the Oakland City website
- Surveillance Cameras At Oakland Park Not Recording During Dual Homicides, CBS SF, Sep 14, ’16
- Oakland grapples with illegal dumping in some areas, KTVU, Sep 6 ’16
- Election News: Gallo supports measure JJ, EB Express, Aug 30, ’16
- Oakland Police Union Writes $1,400 Check to Unseat Councilmember Noel Gallo, EB Express, Aug 29 ’16
- Noel Gallo Faces Viola Gonzales in Oakland District 5 Race, Post News Group, Aug ’16
- Burgeoning homeless camps stymie Oakland leaders, SF Chronicle, Aug ’16
- Officials say they’re happy circus won’t use elephants, KRON4, Aug 16, 16
- Oakland police panel ballot measure debated, San Francisco Chronicle, Jul 30, 2016
- Oakland Police Accountability Ballot Measure Faces Possible Death By Delay Tactics, EB Express, May ’16
- Raiders paying $3.5 million to stay in Oakland, San Jose Mercury News-Mar 25, 2016
- Oakland City Council Advances Controversial Public Land Sale, East Bay Express,Mar 16, 2016
Wellstone Democratic Club, Alameda Labor Council, Dan Kalb, Rebecca Kaplan, Dan Siegel,